Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Presence and Serenity..




Standing there in the blowing wind,

watching the colors on the horizon,

and the rippling, metallic silver waters,


I felt so alone.



As I watched the palm trees sway with the wind,

and the radiant sun dip into the golden land,


I felt so alone.



 
As I watched the angel-white seagulls

soar majestically over the darkening horizon,

and the rhythmic rolls of the waves,


I felt so alone.


 

As I lifted my face

to the rosy sky,

a tear made its way down my cheek.

I closed my eyes,

trying to hold back the pain.

“Oh, my Lord.” I whispered.



 
I had no one to wipe my tears,

no one to whisper softly into my ear:


 
“It’s going to be OK.”,


 
no one to take the pain away,

no one to heal my wound.



I opened my eyes suddenly

because I felt someone’s presence.

But I could see no one around me.



Someone was there,

somewhere,

because I could feel

a bright and bold Presence.



It was a reassuring thought,

a Remedy for my cuts,


 
a deep Serenity,


 
that chased my fears away,

a radiant Sun

that brightened my soul.



I closed my eyes again,

but this time, it was to savor this feeling.

A smile played upon my lips,

as realization dawned upon me.



I would never feel alone again.


 

As long as I remained righteous.

For the Presence I felt

was the presence of Him.

My Lord, The Merciful,

The Almighty Allah.

0 comments: